Monday, February 2, 2009

25 Random Things

In a blink, we are already in February 2009 and I realized that I did not post anything in January. Like I am so busy... busy making myself busy eh?

Btw two of my close friends mother passed away in January, at the time when both were not around. One was outstation and missed the funeral and the other one was not home when it happened. Condolences to both of you, my dear friends (you know who you are). AlFatihah to both aruah.

A colleague of mine, Yati, tagged me at my Facebook with 25 Random Things. I hereby cut and paste my response here too. Well, at least I have one posting today he he... So here it is:

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the application, then click publish.)

Yati tagged me. So Yati... heres my responses :) ...

1. I missed my youngest nephew, Hasif Zahin (1yr 3mths old), sooo much. Sayang, sayang Ayong...! This year, I will get another two more new additions to our family, Insyaallah.

2. I never had enough of holidays at the beach at any island. If possible, I want to go swimming in the sea every weekend.

3. I want to take one month off to go to an island, just to swim in the sea during the day and write a book at night. Can I do this fully paid by the company? Or any publisher? Nay...!

4. I dislike changing the bedsheet just because its too tiring to handle the heavy mattress, unless of course someone does it for me. (Pls do not get me wrong, I like fresh bedsheet and like to shop for bedsheet and had plenty of bedsheets at home, just tired of doing the changing, thats all.)

5. I don't know when I can clear the clutters in my bedroom, the piles are getting thicker each day. Semua benda pun I sayang... so camner? Keep procrastinating la jawabnya...

6. I wish that I have lots of money to settle all my debts and dispose the credit cards. I want to be a debt-free individual. (But of course not for the house and car loan, mana mampu daa..)

7. Its been so difficult for me to choose a handbag that I really like. I have been using the Lollipop handbag for almost two years already, dah naik kusam. Though ada la beli satu dua, but then tak suka and hand down to my sis... The ones that I like are mostly way off my budget... so kena sabor dulu.

8. I have not started anything on my PhD research yet, except the earlier proposal. Mati la first review with my supervisor end of March ni.

9. I am not a morning person. I always sleep again after the Subuh prayer. (I know this is not good.) When will I be a good sister or daughter and start preparing breakfast for everyone?

10. I have never been to the Berjaya Times Square since it opened. I would like to go there at least once.

11. I am looking forward to go to Pavillion, window shopping at least but nobody at home wants to accompany me yet. (Not that I can't go alone, but two is better than one, right?)

12. I like jungle trekking and had tracked most of the paths at Frazers Hill and Cameron Highlands and some paths in Bagan Lalang, Gombak, etc. In addition, I have been into caves and river excursions.

13. I have tried white water rafting and enjoyed it so much, especially in Sg. Pedas near Tenom Valley in Beaufort, Sabah. The scenery was awesomely magnificent and the train ride was such an experience. My adrenalin rushed like a broken dam!

14. I love snorkeling and never had enough of the wonderful underwater world. How I wish I can take diving as well ...but my heart condition now does not allow me to do all the above mentioned activities...hu hu... (unless curi-curi buat ssshh!)

15. I like to bake and try new recipes, but of late its been quite some time that I bake something. Sheer laziness eh? Not so lah. I usually take a good rest over the weekend since my health condition does not permit me to be hyperactive like before. What to do?

16. I have just finished reading 'Eat, Love and Pray' by Elizabeth Gilbert and 'Twilight' by Stephanie Myers. Now I am reading 'Love in the Time of Cholera' by Gabriel Garcia Marquez and 'New Moon' by Stephanie Myers. I read two books alternately at a time, thats my style.

17. I always do two things at one time i.e two focus. Its my nature of doing things as far as I remember. Eg. Studying while listening to music, watching television while browsing the internet, eating while watching television, bathing and exercising lightly in the bathroom, YM while in a meeting, browsing the internet in between writing a report and so on... he he he

18. I enjoy reading biodata of successful people, see pictures of the lifestyles of the rich and famous and always dream to be among one of them one fine day. (In my dream la...kan?) First biodata that I read was of Lee Iococca when I was in Form 4 (found in my uncle's room) and later when I was in my first year of varsity, I read again, borrowed from my auntie-in-law. Still remember the orange colour cover of the book with bold white title... So inspiring.

19. Sometimes I missed my late father so much and used to cry alone in my room (especially when theres slight hiccups in the family and I just could not shoulder anymore...huhu) or while driving especially near or on Father's Day when the radio deejays keep talking about fathers stuff etc. sob! sob!

20. I can watch channel 703 Asian Food Channel at Astro over and over. Same goes to channel 707 Travel and Living. But, I dislike the tatoo program such as Miami Ink, London Ink etc... what the heck do they show that when Malaysians mainly Muslim are not allowed to do so... still its on air... apa raa! Anyway, I am an ardent fan of Astro's documentary channels.

21. I love Japanese food so much. Never had enough of those sushis, bento set, unagi, miso soup, teppanyaki, california rolls, temaki...etc. My niece, Nur Naily Aishah, 5 years old, also likes sushi so much.

22. I need some money to renovate my kitchen. The previous extension has now shown some defects and needs renovation and upgrading asap. Money, money, money... (hum like Donald Trump's The Apprentice).

23. I know I am in need of an operation (may be two op) but I keep procrastinating to go for the check-up and consultancy at an established hospital. I know the company will be paying, but I think so much of the after effect, me not be around at work for long, etc. Must clear my mind on this and make the move fast.

24. I have never been to Europe and Down Under (incl. NZ) and wanted so much to go there but when and how and again the five letter words, signature of Donald Trump's programme...he he.

25. I really really really wish that I get the chance and sufficient funding to go for Umrah this year with my family. Insyaallah.

Phew! This tagging business is becoming like a self realization session pulak... Actually I need not be so frank there, but being me, honesty is my policy. So I guess, now most of you know my traits eh... whatever!

Kalambicara got to go off now... till then!

1 comment:

montel said...

cool....

water rafting..?? tak ku sangka ...
ada pic tak boleh share those experience..