Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Today, Last Year.

On this same date (22 January) last year (2007)… I stepped in this organization as the Corporate Communications Consultant… for a contract of service for one year. (22 January 2007 – 22 January 2008)

It’s a mixed feelings actually…

Prior to accepting the offer, I was contemplating. Should I accept or not? Earlier, the application was for a Corporate Communications Manager and a permanent position.

I was keeping mumb about the offer for a fortnight. Neither did I confirm the acceptance to their HR or replied to the email from one member of the senior management.

I was actually confused. But, I need the job then. After been doing freelancing for almost half a year… I need something secured. Freelancing is good. I truly enjoyed my freedom… but the income, of course, is not fixed. I was merely doing translation, writings and lecturing on part time basis.

After much thought, I accepted the post. And today, 22 January 2008, the contract expires.

And today also, I received an offer letter from the same organisation for the position of the Head of the Knowledge Resource Centre (KRC). This new position will be effective tomorrow, 23 January 2008.

Am I happy? Again... a mixed feelings. I was contemplating... like before. The offer was of course lesser than when I was the Consultant. That is normal, but not so much reduction... as this, eh? But of course theres the perks, and butterflies and bees and all...but still....hmmm. In a way, I felt as though all these are insulting my intelligence. But, again... since that is the only offer that I have at the moment, and I need the income... I have not much choice but to accept and thankful that I still have a job and an income. Sigh.

I like the nature of KRC. The thought of dealing with books and documents, physical and online truly excites me. I will be accountable for the whole operations of KRC and ensuring that KRC is well publicised and promoted nationwide, as the virtual and physical reference centre, especially on information security and ICT in general.

It will also gives me a chance to do research in the course of my interest in pursuing my Phd this May. Insyaallah.

I will take this challenge with pride and will try my best, together with my new team, to bring the KRC to greater heights.

I am hoping that you will all support me as well... and I need that very much. May Allah bless my team and I.

Btw...Happy Thaipusam and Happy Holiday to all. I really need a good rest tomorrow as then on I will be facing a new challenge and looking forward to it with full enthusiasm.

Kalambicara is signing off... to really rest.

No comments: