Saturday, February 2, 2008

Its the Federal Territory Day!


I applied leave today merely to settle the roadtax of my car. Tomorrow is the expiry date.

Before I fell asleep last nite, I planned my itinerary for today. To accomplish the first task. Then to go to a financial insitution to update my unit trust matters. Later to meet a friend from the former office for lunch and finally home to laze and finish the book that I am currently reading.

As usual, every morning when I woke up, I will on the radio, grab the towel and proceed to the bathroom. Did the same thing today. And then... I heard the news about the Federal Territory Day celebration today...

For a moment I stood still. What happened to me? How can I forget that, when most of the tasks to be done today as mentioned above, will take place in KL city! (my office is under the Selangor state, not FD)

I turned back from the entrance of the bathroom door, and walked back to my bed. Stunted. Am already on leave. Normally when I took leave, I will really make full use of the day. Unless, I did plan to just be at home, doing nothing, just home. But this is not THE day...

In the process of thinking on what to do today... I got a message from the university that I am lecturing on part time basis. They wanted the final exam papers by Monday. Aaarrggghhh! So fast! I still have a few chapters to cover the syllabus...of the two subjects that I am teaching.

Anyway, that message then became the solution to this silly situation of mine. Thus, I decided to be good today, be at home and focus on the exam questions. Well at least, my mum has company during the day today.

My mum was of course happy that she has company. Though I was in my room upstairs most of the time, I did came down once a while to assist her in the kitchen. As today is Friday, she normally cooks special dinner. My two younger sisters, both college students, one is doing Quantity Survey and the youngest, Dentistry, will be back for the weekend and the house will not be quiet like the weekdays when only three of us at home, each occupying one room, doing own thing respectively.

Today is extraordinary special. I don't know why. She cooked 'kerutub hati and daging' and make 'pulut kuning' as well. I did asked and she said, "Sajo yah, Ma teraso nok make pulut kuning nga kerutub"... in her typuical Kelatanese dialect, of course. I helped with the 'acar mentah' and other simple dishes.

Deep inside, I know... shes happy that all of us can have early dinner together. I rarely joined the Friday dinner with them cos' its a weekday and I always reached home earliest by 8.00 pm... (well, most of the time lah!)... usually I ate alone or merely 'ratah the lauk' since its already late...

It was indeed fun actually to see the excitement when my younger sisters arrived. Upon entering the house, at the gate, they will be calling ...."Ma Ma... Adik balik...Chique balik...niiii!!!" A rare occassion to me (their Kak Long) as well, cos' I seldom witnessed the moments. And today, I did. Actually, they came back every weekend. Another sister of mine (whom they addressed as Kak Je) who is a teacher, will ardently drove to UiTM to pick them, wihout fail, every weekend, and later do their loads of weekly dirty laundry.

To me its really a bliss for tnem. They are lucky. During my time, my parents were in Kelantan, weekend means lazing in the hostel room, reading novel, did some washing and later hanging the clothes, all with my two bare hands and later had lunch and dinner of 'nasi kawah' at the hostel's dining hall. Now that all of us are now here in KL, they are so much pampered. How I wish I am back as student and get the same treatment like them now...the comfort of home and mum's cooking every weekend. What a joy!

Back to my forgetfulness this morning... Is this the sign of old age? Ouch! Got to really use my mind a lot, do mind boggling activities, like doing some difficult word puzzle, cracked my head on the Sudoku board and the like... to exercise my mind and alert mental thinking. Really must do these...

Kalambicara needs to browse the net to check on some puzzle...till then... :)

No comments: