Monday, October 13, 2008

Think & Act Like A CEO

This morning we had our weekly Operations Meeting. Due to the Raya holidays and all, we did not have the meeting for the last two weeks.

This meeting was chaired by the CEO himself and attended by all Heads of Departments (HODs) in our organisation. The main objective of this meeting is actually to allow HODs to bring up any issue direct to CEO's immediate attention and get the solution or feedback there and then.

Anyway, a meeting is a meeting lah.... so I guess you all know the process of a meeting. Am not going through the details here. Just that there was this one statement that I could not forget. The CEO said that we all, HODs, have to think and act like a CEO.

At that very moment, I smiled. Can I also earn an income like a CEO? How I wish...

Back at work after the meeting, I publicised one book available at KRC (Knowledge Resource Centre) via email to all members of the management. The title is 'Speak Like A CEO' by Suzanne Bates. Not long after, someone came to KRC and borrowed the book. Good.

Kalambicara is still smiling recalling the positive effect of the CEO's remarks.

No comments: