Friday, October 10, 2008

Ceria Beraya

Its now ten days of Syawal and many are still in the Raya mood. Me, still not had enough of the Raya food. Till now, I have not tasted the Lontong and Lodeh, Soto, Nasi Dagang, and the like yet. We celebrated the first three days of Raya here in KL and another three days in KB. We went back to KB not so much for celebrating Raya but more to celebrate a cousin's wedding i.e my Aunite Mo second son's wedding.

As I was still working on the eve of Raya, so not much baking was done this time around. I managed to bake only three types of cookies namely Biskut Mazola, Choc Chip Cookies and White London Almond, as compared to my usual six or seven types. For cakes, I baked one fruit cake, one orange cake and plenty of cupcakes with butter frosting. I only bought some pineapple and roselle tarts and some 'kuih batang buruk'. I did received a few containers of cookies from some business contacts as well, so that added to a few varieties on the coffee table. Oh btw I also prepared some toffee from the recipe given by Villas, my colleague. It was quite a favourite among those with sweet tooth. My mum made Nasi Hujan Panas (colourful rice) with Ayam Masak Merah, Dalca, Acar Mentah, Sambal and Kerutup Daging. Best giler! Also theres my mum's specialty and all time family favourite, the ketupat pulut kacang in daun palas. In addition, we bought some lemang and beef rendang. But, I forgot to snap photos of these food on the main table...hu hu...too busy entertaining...

Anyway, see the photos below for some of our Raya and wedding celebrations both in KL and KB this Syawal 1429H...

My mum, me, my uncle and his wife, at my house.
Replenishing the cupcakes, the hottest kuih raya...

With my uncle and cousin, all born in the same year!My mum (leaning against the wall), my sis, my aunties and a cousin.

The bride and groom (my cousin, Nik Nadzmen), at the bride's house.The newly wed, again, at the groom's house.

From the groom to the bride.

From the bride to the groom.

My mum, my sisters, my aunties, my cousins & an uncle, at the groom's house(my auntie's house) in Pasir Mas. Shes in white tudung.

My sis, my uncle and my cousin at my house... Namastee!

My mum's famous sweet ketupat pulut with black eye peas
(before being wrapped in daun palas).The ketupat pulut after being wrapped, ready for steaming. The dessert on the coffee table...
With my cousin, Farha, at my house.

Photos below are some 'kuih raya' that I made i.e self made, home made...

Choc Chip Cookies
Biskut Mazola
Cupcakes
Slices of Orange Cake

Slices of Fruit Cake
Toffee

Well... thats how I celebrated 1st of Syawal 1429H. It was tiring, but I had fun, especially being together with my siblings and meeting relatives. Travelling with my siblings was full of laughter. Took a flight with mum back to KB and traveled back to KL in a car, another sis of mine took the flight with mum. It will be too tiring for mum to be in a car for more than 8 hours. All in all, the last Raya enhanced our bonding and love for each other. Hopefully, next raya will be even better. Insyaallah.

Kalambicara is happy and contented now...

No comments: