Saturday, October 11, 2008

Its My Day!

Today, 11 October, is my birthday, my day.

I started receiving birthday wishes since the last three days. Thanks a zillion to all for the wonderful thoughts.

So, what did I do on my day? Well, with my mum and sisters, we went to Mid Valley and The Gardens. I called this visit to shopping complex as my retail theraphy. It was really healing and I truly enjoyed and never had enough. Met my brother and his wife there and together we window shopped and had lunch.

My initial intention was to get a handbag, a perfume and a new facial care set. I have set the brand that I wanted. Anyway, am not going to reveal them here. My current Lollipop handbag is almost seasoned. My current perfume, Aigner Black by Etienne Aigner is almost at its last drop. So is my Glamourous by Britner Spears. And, lastly I need to act fast on the pores and wrinkles on my almost sagging face! :) Doesn't it look like I really need all these items? I do, right?

Talking about treating myself, in the end, I bought nothing. Reason, the brand of the handbag that I aimed for was not there. Have to go to either KLCC or Pavillion. As for the perfume and the facial care set, I was so frustrated when I compared the prices there with the ones I saw at the duty free in KLIA. I should have bought them during the promotion at KLIA before boarding the flight to KB during the recent Raya. Arrrggghhh!! Not only the prices differ, but the extras given in the package was so much attractive. So, being quite thrifty nowadays (as the economy too is on the downturn - blame it there!), I decided not to embark yet. Maybe I will wait till the Christmas Sale soon or on my next trip somewhere.

After Mid Valley and The Gardens, we went to an auntie's house in Putra Heights for a Raya gathering. Oh well... found the nasi dagang now... my auntie made nasi dagang with gulai ikan tongkol, kerutup ayam and gulai udang. Also theres nasi impit and kuah kacang and laksa. Yum yum yummy...

All in all, thats how I spent my day, nothing extraordinary this time but had a great time with my family. Btw, I am not sad or down or feeling emotional or lousy today. I am okay. Maybe this age is coming to me already, he he he. Accepting the fact of life, thankful to Allah swt that I am still alive and kicking. I am not upset even when I did not receive the one wish that I was earlier hoping for. It was understandable and I had already anticipated it. So, no hard feelings at all. I am happy. I had a simple day but a great one, today, on my birthday, with my loved ones i.e members of my family. Alhamdulillah.

Kalambicara is signing off while humming "Happy Birthday to me...happy birthday to me...!"

7 comments:

ijamlaa said...

Hepi bedey to mee... hepi besdey to meee... erk... salah wish

Hepi besdey to u... hepi besday to uuu... erkk.... tukar lagu

Allah selamatkan kamuuuu... Allah selamatkan kamuuuu... Allah selamatkan cik ***********. Allah selamatkan kamuuuuuu!!!

Anonymous said...

hehehe... cik ros.. happy belated befday!!

kalambicara said...

Thanks Ijam and Lin. Ku dah tua laa...huhu

lala said...

Happy Birthday Kak Ros!

Age is only a number sis..be young at heart :)

kalambicara said...

Thanks a lot Zana dear... :)

montel said...

hepi bedey...

semoga sentiasa ceria selalu..

kalambicara said...

Thanks Montel for the wishes.