Friday, November 9, 2007

Politics

According to the Wikipedia, Politics is the process by which groups of people make decisions. Although the term is generally applied to behaviour within civil governments, politics is observed in all human group interactions, including corporate, academic, and religious institutions. Politics consists of "social relations involving authority or power" and refers to the regulation of a political unit, and to the methods and tactics used to formulate and apply policy.

The 2007 UMNO General Assembly ended today with a few resolutions whatsoever. Somehow or rather, some of the policies and resolutions did not impress me at all. Especially the one voiced by the Puteri Chief, Noraini Ahmad. Quite frustrated with this kind of thinking from our so called leaders and politicians. It made me worried of the future of my nieces and nephews. Not going to ramble further on this, else I'll vomit unnecessarily. Afterall, those great bloggers like Marina, Rocky and Nuraina had said enough. What interests me most is the sincerity and honesty of the attendees, in the course of a better future for the Malay generations and for the true love to the country. I doubt that so much.

Been there and was at our organisation's booth and the secretariat's room, trying our best to educate the public (UMNO participants/observers/general public), I was kind of amazed at what I saw and heard. Almost everyone had an agenda by being there!

Seriously. I experienced that with many who stopped at our booth. There I was trying to bring their attention to safe internet usage, awareness on information security on the net, bla bla bla... And guess what, with the brochures that I passed to them after explanation, the questions that they asked were who was the printer who did all your brochures? How can I be the printer for your organisation? Can you get me your CEO I want to talk to him to take me as your panel of suppliers... Can you give me a chance to provide my service to your organisation... and the list of questions of that kind went on and on... different people but asking almost similar questions.

Come on, you came here for the assembly and yet with full purpose... to get something as well eh? Despite reasons provided by my colleagues and me, many were still adamant with their plea of getting certain projects etc. Main justification given was that a Malay got to help another Malay.

Huh! If this is the reality, this is the fact, I am so damned worry about the future of our children. Till the end of the assembly, no one really interested in what we are actually doing for the nation. Instead, they are more interested in our giveaways such as paperbags, mouse pads, pens and various other collaterals, when in actual fact, that was the best avenue to channel the awareness on safe internet usage that we were trying very hard to educate the masses.

Actually all these are nothing new to me. I've heard about these kind of incidences almost every year from my journalist friends, only now am I experiencing them myself. Not going go prolong this issue, letih laaa...

Another interesting observation that I enjoyed while at PWTC was the dressings/fashion style of the ladies, especially the 'pink ladies'. Gosh! Were they here to catch big fish as well? They really dressed to kill. One in particular who walked passed our booth and caught our attention was this one 'pink lady' who wore white transparent baju kurong and pink sarong... normal right, but what about the pink bra?! Purposely chose transparent white kurong merely to highlight her obviously pink bra merely to stress that she belongs to the 'pink ladies' group! If a lady like me looked at her not once, not twice, not thrice, but more... what about the men? We all have eyes and eyes are meant to see. Please O God please, for the sake of the party and for the sake of the Malays... don't let these 'blondes' in pink jeopardize the state of mind and well being of our future leaders!

I rest my case. Till the next UMNO GA...

Kalambicara is really embarassed, and is blushing pink! Stop bicara now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kalambiacara abt the pink ladies i also are much ashamed with their dress code. Pastu tanya kenapa wanita taksuka PU3, DUHHHH! apapun dari my ciput experience yang bertahun2 selalu ikut UMNO...the semangat dah macam hilang. Tak macam a few years back. Tak tahu kenapa. Walaupun takan melayu hilang di dunia jgn hilang semangat pulaks kan.