Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Choices and Decisions

Throughout our life, we are exposed to making choices, having options and making decisions. From toddler to adolescent to mature adult, most of the things we encountered are about making decisions based on choices and options available. I remembered as a young child, I was given options by my father to choose either a strawberry flavoured lollipop, a chocolate flavoured one, or plain vanilla flavour. And, when I took a long time to decide, I was scolded. Man, its not easy to decide, even a young child knows that, and that is the reason why they wanted all flavours, lick a little of the strawberry flavour, two licks of the chocolate flavour and a bit of the vanilla flavour. After tasting all, thats the end. "I don't want it anymore, mama!" Sounds familiar, eh?

Well, as a mature adult now... today I was given the task to make a decision. It was nothing major, actually. I took leave today simply to hunt for a nice contemporary tv cabinet and to choose fabric for the upholstery of our sofa. Yes, raya is just around the corner. We (my beloved brother and his beloved wife) went to a few shops., compared the prices and alas found one shop which is very much reasonable. For the sofa, we managed to get the same fabric from the previous shop (same fabric brand -Elyza) and the transportation is only RM60 as compared to the earlier shop which charges RM160. But boy.... the time we spent to decide... flowers or stripes or checkered or plain... then type of cloth... etc. When we decided to go for flowers, other options asked by the shopowner, English Rose? Staton Rose? Pure Rose? Country Rose? Wild Rose?.... my oh my... we were almost insane with the designs. Nevertheless, after almost the whole afternoon spent in weighing all the options, we consensusly agreed to go for Country Rose and plain maroon scattered cushions were given free.

Country Rose, sofa fabric design by Elyza...the chosen one.

Phew! At last. ... and there goes my one day leave today... and still without mission totally accomplished. We did not have time to check on the tv cabinet! hmmm.... got to wait till the weekend ...

Kalambicara opts to quit bicara for today... see ya!

No comments: