Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Office Raya Do

Despite my tiredness today, my mind is still active. Thus, the urge to write tonite.

Today my office organised a grand Raya Do... Raya Open House Celebration. The event began at 4.30 pm till 7.30 pm. Our first guest of honour that arrived before 5.00 pm was Dato' Kong Cho Ha, the Deputy Minister of MOSTI. Then we had the KSU, Dato' Hannan Alang Endut, Dato' Mohamed Awang Lah and a few others. Our invited VVIP, Dato' Seri Dr. Jamaluddin Jarjis, the Minister of MOSTI arrived at about 6.30 pm.

As the Corporate Communications Consultant, I was very happy when important guests that we invited really did turned up, some, to our surprise, beyond our expectation. Also, another thing that made me grin till the ears was the media attendance. I was glad that there were reps from Utusan, NST and Harian Metro. Had the opportunity to discuss a few matters with them and planned for some media coverage and publicity for the organisation. My CEO too had wonderful ideas which he voiced to the media reps and both parties are looking forward to a win-win situation.

Btw, earlier today we had two events, the first one held in the morning was a knowledge sharing session and the other one held at 2.00 pm was the launching of a roadshow for one of the services that we are offering. Tech n U of NST covered the second event which ended at about 4.30 pm, just as the Open House Celebration started.

As I mentioned in my blog yesterday that I will be busy today. True enough. Since preparing the media kit last nite until after the three events over today, I was so tight down. I did not manage to even taste most of the food at the Open House Celebration. Only ate three kind of dishes, the nasi tomato, laksam and satay. And, to finish each one, I had to pause and leave my food a few times. Why? Because I was wanted elsewhere, meeting guests who were looking for me, entertaining the media, arrival of VIPs and VVIPs, arrival of guest artist, some problem with the caterer, arrival of invited students from two schools, be on the lookout for the winners of best dressed staff, getting waiters to serve VIP table, this and that.

That is why normally during events, I seldom have the opportunity to really enjoy the food. No matter how sinfully tasteful it was. There will be disruptions. Might as well I waited till the event is over, then only I can enjoy the food. But for this Raya Do, the caterer was clearing the food so fast that by the time I came back to the hall after seeing the Minister off, there was no more food left! Was quite frustrated. Definitely will not take this caterer again. They got no PR at all. At least checked with me, the organiser, before packing everything. Huh, that is also the reason why I prefer the caterer that we knew and had good experience with. Nevertheless, this is really a lesson learnt, especially to my boss who recommended this caterer in the last minute. Never mind boss, now we know. There'll be no next time for this caterer.

Apart from entertaining and mingling around with the guests at all the events today, I was floating in the air. Some things had happened and did touch my heart. I'm scared. Yet, I am happy (am I really?!) I donno. And why is it happening to me, now? Only Allah SWT knows. I will leave everything to Allah SWT. One thing I know for sure is that there is always a reason for everything. I do believe in that. Well, que sera sera..., what ever will be, will be...the future's not ours to see...que sera sera!

Kalambicara feels so sleepy now...got to go, can't affort to continue bicara anymore!

No comments: