Thursday, October 18, 2007

Flashback #1 - My Birthday

Birthday wrapper from Chique.

11 October. Thats the day. My birthday. Many many moons ago! I said many many moons ago, so stop wondering about my age!

Was too busy with the celebration and also preparation for Raya that I did not have time to post this earlier. Anyway, this year my birthday falls during the fasting month of Ramadhan. Just 2 days before Syawal. We (my mum, my three sisters, my brother and his wife and myself - 7 of us) went to the Palace of the Golden Horses (POGH) in Mines Sri Kembangan for the celebration. My youngest sister, Adik, a dental student, was the happiest one. She really knows how to enjoy food and truly step-up to the food feast.

Buffet Spread at The Carousal, POGH


My mum was happy too. She is actually the best Cook in the world. So if we were to spend RM70-80 for one person's meal, to her is a big waste. She will say, "Give it all to me and I can cook much better food!" But mum, the ambience at the hotel and at home is different. That is how at last we managed to coax her to break fast at POGH. True enough, she enjoyed the ambience, the big vases available at the lobby area and apart from eating the varieties of food, she was the one who posed a lot for the pictures, especially near vases, for memories she said. Mum, mum...

Main lobby of the Palace of the Golden Horses

I'm blessed that this year I managed to bring my beloved family members to a hotel for my birthday celebration. Am very thankful to Allah swt for all that has been provided to me this wonderful year and may the coming years be more prosperous and a much healthier me. Amin! Many thanks also to Sharul Ismanizam, the Sales Manager of POGH and Sharmila, my colleague at work, for this wonderful arrangement.

O' oh... forgot to mention the birthday gifts that I received. Well, I got two replicas of a tiger. One a tiger (a cubby actually) tabletop utility holder and the other a cute tiger mug, from my sisters Ajey and Achik and a rechargeable tooth brush (which I have been eyeing for quite some time) from my future dentist sister, Adik. Not to forget, a tortoise (or is it turtle?) handphone stand from Yati, my colleague at work. Well, you may wonder why tiger and why the tortoise? Actually they are my two favourite animals. Tiger because I was born in the year of the tiger according to the Chinese Horoscope, my likings for tiger, the endangered species and also because I am fierce like the tiger (thats what my siblings said!) Tortoise and/or turtle are pets. I have been rearing them for the past four years and some have been sent back to their habitat. Ok, enough about the gifts. Its the thought that counts most anyway.

A print-out wishes and the rechargeable toothbrush from Adique.

The cute tiger cubs replicas from Ajey and Achique, at work.

The soft handphone stand from Yati.

Talking about birthdays, it has always been my tradition that I will take leave on THE day. Reason: I do not like birthday surprises at work. I will get embarassed easily. Also, people will start asking my age and when I responded, they will said, "Really?!" What? Can't I be gila-gila at this very ripe age, eh? I am forever young at heart and possesses an active mind and soul like a teenager. My eagerness to try everything in this world never cease. I love jungle trekking and had tracked almost all jungle routes in Frazer's Hill and Cameron Highlands. I've gone white water rafting as far as Sg. Pedas near the Tenom Valley in Beaufort, Sabah. I've gone cave escavation in Batu Caves when I was a member of the Malaysian Nature Society (MNS). Well, at this age, still healthily alive and kicking, I am proud to say that I am truly satisfied with all God giving things. Syukur Alhamdulillah.

Apart from all that, I have family members who love and care for me, their Kak Long, all the time...yo ko caye Ayong? he he Alhamdulillah, I am really blessed and thankful that I still live to enjoy this XX birthday surrounded by people whom I love and care dearly. Thanks a lot dearest Ma and Ba' (my late father) for bringing me to this world. Though words did not say much when face-to-face, but deep inside me, I love you all very much... Don't know what my life will be without you, my beloved parents and my siblings. Muaaahhhhhsssss!!! And Al-Fatihah to my late father. Amin.

Kalambicara is so touched and close to tears...

...thus, has to stop bicara now.








1 comment:

Iz said...

... and of course, Kalambicara, you are a good mentor, and certainly a good friend. You are special because you make others feel special. Happy Birthday!.

Err, young at heart ? Kekekeke.